Day by day, people are getting more interest in finding their ancestries and doing genetic testing. It is not that easy to build a truthful family tree, mainly if you have adopted children in your family history. But, thanks to some good-quality DNA tests for adoptees that are available in the market, it is quite more comfortable now. Today, I am providing reviews of the best ancestry DNA tests for adoptees. Let’s have a look and find the Best DNA Test for Adoptees.
Best DNA Test for Adoptees
1. AncestryDNA Test Kit
This genetic testing kit from AncestryDNA is the most selling and trusted DNA test in the world since 20 years. It has one of the most extensive databases of connections of over 1 billion families.
- You will get the ethnicity mix data from over 350 regions across the world.
- The kit comes with easy following instructions.
- Other things included in the package are a saliva collection tube along with an activation code, and a return mailer (pre-paid).
- After the sample reaches the testing center, it will take only six to eight weeks for the delivery of the results to you. You can also check the results on the email you receive from the lab.
- You will know not only about the history of your family but also about the details of the adoptees
- Well over 6 million people used the AncestryDNA test, and more are using the kit which helps in growing the community continuously.
2. Vitagene DNA Test Kit
As per the company, this is the only DNA test which analyzes and lets you know which are the right supplements, diet, and exercise for you. That means this kit will not only help you to understand your ancestry but also about how you can maintain good health.
- This test will provide you a detailed breakdown of your ethnic mix including the history of the adoptee.
- The test will take only a couple of minutes, and you will get the results within one and a half month.
- It is one of the most affordable and complete genetic testings for adopted adults.
- As per your DNA results, you will receive a personalized diet plan, fitness plan, and vitamin supplement plan to stay healthy.
- All the genetic testing labs of the company are CLIA-certified and CAP-accredited.
- More than 5 million people tested their ancestry with the help of the Vitagene DNA test kit.
3. Paternity Depot Test Kit
If you do not want to wait for weeks to get the DNA results of the adoptees, then get the paternity test from Paternity Depot. After receiving the DNA samples, the certified labs will send you the results in just three to five days.
- This DNA test is 99.9999% accurate which means you will get the precious results about your ancestry without any doubts.
- The price includes all the lab fees for one father and one adoptee, so you will not need to pay anything after purchasing the kit.
- You can even take the samples from the gum or toothbrush that your child uses.
- Along with the DNA test, you will get the swabs for collecting the test samples and a mailer.
- The results will be sent through Emails too from which you can take your copies.
4. TellmeGen DNA Test Kit for Home
TellmeGen claims to provide the complete personal genetic testing service till the date. This testing kit will not only perform the DNA scanning of the adoptees but also help you to prevent some of the hereditary diseases from transmitting to your successors.
- Depending on your needs, you can perform a particular genetic test from the predictive analysis, carrier test, pharmacogenetic test, and traits.
- The predictive test helps you to know whether the genetic diseases that your family member is suffering will appear in your life too or not.
- The carrier test helps to know whether the child will have genetic problems from his/her parents who have genetic disorders or genetic mutations.
- In the pharmacogenetic test, you will be able to know which kind of drugs will affect how much on your body, and according to that, your doctor can prescribe personalized medications for your illness.
- If you want to check the alcohol tolerance of your body, obesity predisposition, and other traits, then also you can get the precise results through this DNA test for adoptees.
- The laboratories are ISO9001:2015 certified and the tests will help to prevent more than 125 diseases.
5) 23andMe DNA Ancestry Genetic Service
Get the precise ancestry history from the database of over 150 regions through the 23andMe DNA test for adoptees. With the help of this genetic testing service, you will not only get the details of your DNA but also will find the specifics tracing of the adoptees to the individuals from more than 1000 years ago.
- After the lab receives saliva samples, you will get the results within 6-8 weeks only.
- You will find the biological tree of your ancestors as well as the DNA breakdown of your adoptees.
- This package includes all the lab fees, so you will not need to pay any additional fees. However, if you want to get the health reports as well, you can take the membership.
- Unlike most other DNA tests, 23andMe provides the reports through genetic testing which means you will get more precise results.
- More than 3 million people joined through this genetic testing service, and the number is just continuing to grow.
- All labs of 23andMe are CLIA-certified, and your privacy is secured from the third-parties.
6. MyHeritage DNA Test Kit
MyHeritage is one of the most famous DNA testing services in the world. Through this test, you will find the relatives from both your paternal and maternal sides.
- The DNA test will take only two minutes to complete, and you will get the results within four weeks after the lab receives samples.
- The kit includes the cost of test service fees like DNA matching & ethnicity history.
- You will get a detailed breakdown of your DNA from the database of 42 regions worldwide which includes 7 Asian regions. This thing makes MyHeritage the best DNA test for Asian ancestry.
- The USA based labs are CAP accredited, and CLIA certified.
- Your privacy and DNA history are secured through multiple layers of encryption.
7. Rapid Paternity DNA Test Kit
Rapid DNA Testing offers the most reliable DNA breakdown results by testing the sample twice. The cost of the kit includes the lab fees of one father, one mother (optional), and a child or adoptee.
- The lab will generate the results within a couple of days only after it receives the DNA samples.
- The tests are 100% accurate, and the PhDs review them.
- No hidden fees. The test fees and shipping costs are included in the package price.
- You will get the kit delivered to your home, and the courier service will collect the samples from your doorstep.
- The DNA test is easy to use, and you can perform it on anyone of any age.
- For any queries, regarding the test and service, you can visit the website or can make a call between specific times. The company offers excellent customer-friendly service.
Know your adoptees
If you have adopted a kid or you are an adopted child, and if you want to know the history of the DNA, then you can pick up any DNA test from the above list. The DNA test for adoptees will help you to identify family members whether you are living with them or not. It will help you reunite with the family that has been separated due to the adoption.
The essential things you need to consider while buying a DNA test kit are the database of the DNA test, the time it takes to generate results, how authentic the test is, and the total cost of testing and lab fees. If you still have difficulties to find out the best DNA service for you, then you can take the assistance of some DNA detectives which will help you at no cost!